Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life Edited by Bryan Curtis


Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life is a relaxing compilation of quotes focused on bringing inspiration and a positive attitude into the stressed workers life. The book contains quotes from a number of people from all backgrounds and ideologies. It is a refreshing take on something all of us, no matter what background, can relate to: the issue of balancing work and personal happiness.

The book really made me realize that I am not alone in my frustrations or struggles that are associated with work and career. The compilation brought touching, inspiring, entertaining, and downright hilarious bits of advice to the reader. It is easy to read and can be put down and picked back up with no struggle or added stress. I think the book really focuses on a key point....reduce stress and it is put together in a way that reinforces that goal for the reader. I would recommend this book to any stressed out individual...so to all people really.

I was with a complimentary copy of this book from Thomas Nelson through BookSneeze.com in exchange for my review of this book.

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Diary

    It is always suggested to log your progress in a diary when you are trying to lose weight. This is my version of a log of my progress on my goal. I thought a public log would motivate me more and help me find support. This project is not about losing weight (although I suspect and hope that weight loss will be a side effect). It is about living life the way I have always wanted to: Healthy, Active, and Happy!

The Woman Challenge - Join! - May 9 through July 3, 2010 - womenshealth.gov

The Goal

I realized while talking to my uncle John that I am living someone else's life. That changes today. The next 365 days will be devoted to becoming myself again.



The Goals:



Decrease my overall ecological footprint.



Focus on healthy nutrition and eating habits.



Eat locally and in season.



Only eat meat when necessary in social situations. Fish is still on the ok list.



Exercise daily.



Take care of myself; I am important!



No more complacency. It doesn't start tommorrow; it starts right now.



Followers